Preserve your legacy with employee ownership
It’s good for you, your business, your employees, and Pennsylvania
Employee ownership is a business model in which employees collectively own a percentage of the business for which they work
Fights the wealth gap, and provides real
What is Employee Ownership?
- Employee ownership has many forms. Two of the main forms are Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs) and worker cooperatives.
- In both, employees are given a financial stake in the business. As the business prospers, employees prosper.
- This creates increased employee engagement and therefore an average 8% increase in productivity.
- Pennsylvania based ESOP NewAge Industries, Inc. has seen a 1025% increase in share price since the inception of the ESOP.
Why Is This Important?
- Over the next 10 years, 4.5 million businesses are going to transact.
- Many will sell to outside buyers and leave Pennsylvania, resulting in the loss of thousands of jobs.
- Other businesses will close, simply because they don’t have a succession plan. 70% of business owners over 55 say they have no succession plan.
What's your story?
Pennsylvania is full of amazing stories of employee ownership success!
Pennsylvania Center for Employee Ownership