Grow your business.
Preserve your legacy.
Employee ownership is a business model in which employees own shares of the businesses stock.
Employee ownership serves many different goals:
Increasing businesses profits
Offering significant tax breaks for the business
Creating jobs and keeping businesses here in Pennsylvania
Providing a ready buyer and a robust succession plan for current owners
Fighting the wealth gap and providing real retirement savings
Employee Ownership for Businesses
- Employee ownership has many forms. Two of the main forms are Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs) and worker cooperatives.
- In both, employees are given a financial stake in the business. As the business prospers, employees prosper.
- This creates increased employee engagement and therefore an average 8% increase in productivity.
Employee Ownership for Communities
- Employee ownership keeps businesses and jobs in our state.
- It builds community wealth and improves business performance.
- When people have access to good jobs and secure financial futures, the local economy benefits.
The Power of Employee Ownership
Pennsylvania is full of amazing stories of employee ownership success!
Pennsylvania Center for Employee Ownership